Surgical teams are needed in vulnerable situations such as armed conflicts or in isolated areas, where medical staff are not available. They are often needed on short notice and for short periods – one to three months.
It is primarily general surgery. In some cases, the mission can involve training local personnel.
- Specialist in a relevant area
- Proven experience in anaesthetics – experience of paediatric and obstetric anaesthesia is particularly useful
- Ability to work with limited resources
- Availability for a minimum period of six weeks to a maximum of six months
Available on short notice
Minimum of three months travel or work experience in low income countries
- Ability to work in unstable environments
- Adaptable and able to work in a team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Able to provide training and supervision to others
- Fluency in English
Vioces from the field
To read first-hand stories from anaesthetists working overseas for MSF, visit our blog.
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.