Surgical teams are needed in vulnerable situations such as armed conflicts or in isolated areas, where medical staff are not available. They are often needed on short notice and for short periods - one to three months.
For certain surgical projects, you can go as an anaesthetists nurse, provided that you have many years of experience in all types of anaesthetics, can administer spinal blocks and be completely independent operating without an anaesthetist on site. Currently, it is primarily to projects in French-speaking countries that we can send anesthetic nurses. In some cases, a mission can involve training local personnel.
Role REQUIREMENTS Nurse anaesthetist
- Supplementary training and many years of experience as a nurse anesthetist.
- Ability to work with limited technical resources.
- Ability to handle all anesthetic assessment and anesthesia independently.
- Available on short notice.
- English and French (the only positions for nurse anesthetists are located in French speaking countries).
Please read the basic requirements for all roles.
VOICES FROM THE FIELD
To read first-hand stories from nurses working overseas for MSF, visit our blog.
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.