As a construction manager working for Médecins Sans Frontières you will coordinate and monitor construction and rehabilitation projects to meet the needs of the mission.
As construction specialist, you define, manage and supervise the construction &/or rehabilitation work in order to support the medical activities.
You can also be asked to negotiate agreements and required permissions, you have regular contacts with the relevant authorities, and you ensure a correct design, implementation and hand-over of the work.
REQUIREMENTS constructions specialists
• Diploma in architecture, civil engineering or construction engineering OR certificated construction professionals (builders, carpenters, masons, plumbers and welders) with recognized experience
• 2 years of relevant professional experience in construction work
• Experience of traveling in low-income countries
• Good English language skills
• Availability for 12 months
• Available to work in any type of context where MSF runs activities
Please read the basic requirements for fieldworkers.
OF ADDITIONAL MERIT
• Experience in building site management/people management
• Experience of working abroad with other humanitarian organizations
• Good French or Arabic language skills
Meet our construction specialists
Carlos Cortez, Construction specialist at MSF talks about challenges you can encounter in the field and construction innovations. Read his blog here.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
READY TO APPLY?
Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life in the field.
We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).