Skip to main content

Energy Specialist

Solpanel på taket till en klinik i Afghanistan.
Foto: Jean-Marc Giboux

As an energy specialist working for Médecins Sans Frontières you will carry out or supervise all electrical maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, according to Médecins Sans Frontières standards and protocols.


As energy specialist, you design, implement, manage and supervise the installation of new systems and/or rehabilitation work to ensure the level of quality required.

The focus of this role is to ensure the continuity of service of our activities as well as the protection pf the patients, staff and equipment. You manage and coach a local team. You can also be asked to negotiate agreements and required permissions, you have regular contacts with the relevant authorities, and you ensure a correct design, implementation and hand-over of the work.


•    Diploma in electro-mechanics or electricity (technician or engineer) or certificate as HVAC 
•    2 years of relevant professional experience
•    Experience of traveling in low-income countries 
•    Availability for 12 months
•    Good command of English language
•    Technical competencies in the area of energy and electricity (installation, maintenance etc.)

Of additional merit

•    French or Arabic language skills
•    Knowledge of renewable energies and energy-efficient techniques 
•    Expertise in HVAC (Heating, ventilation, Air-conditioning) 
•    Management experience 

Please read the basic requirements for fieldworkers.

Safety and Security

We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.

Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.



Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life in the field

We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).