We continuously recruit "supply chain" - knowledgeable logisticians for our projects around the world. You will work with the supply of field work with everything in the logistics chain; we are looking for those with prior coordinating experience; problem solvers that can make things happen - fast!
As supply-logisticians, you are responsible for everything related to material procurement: order management, local / international purchasing , inventory and monitoring, international / national import and transport, streamlining the flow of material and information. You are responsible for all materials from construction materials and electrical products to food and medical supplies. Movement can be by truck, boat, plane, helicopter, motorcycle or donkey. Your challenge is to coordinating and never loose control; our activities must never be hindered by loss of material.
MSF logistician field workers require good communication skills, the ability to work independently and great flexibility. You will roll up your sleeves one day to release a flight, and the next day you'll dress up to handle import issues at the ministry.
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience traveling in low-income countries
- Available for 12 months
- Good knowledge of English
- Solid experience in at least two of the following areas:
Order processing / purchasing
Import / export
OF ADDITIONAL MERIT
- Experience of working abroad with other humanitarian organizations
- Knowledge of French and/or some Arabic or Spanish
- Experience in project management and / or project management
- Relevant university degree