Svenska Läkare Utan Gränser är en av landets största ideella organisationer. Vi är en stark röst i humanitära frågor och samlade förra året in 780 miljoner kronor. Nu söker vi en stark och inspirerande generalsekreterare som kan leda organisationen in i framtiden och vill göra sitt yttersta för att bidra till Läkare Utan Gränsers globala insatser.
General director MSF Sweden
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)/Läkare Utan Gränser is an international medical humanitarian organisation determined to bring quality medical care to people in crises around the world, when and where they need it. Our fundamental principles are neutrality, impartiality, independence and medical ethics. In Sweden we raise money, recruit people and speak out to contribute to saving lives and alleviating suffering in the world. All our work is governed by a volunteer spirit.
We are looking for an inspirational General Director to lead and further develop the Swedish section of MSF. The Swedish organisation has been very successful the last number of years and grown not only in income, but also in its support to international operations through Evaluation and Innovation units. The office consists of around 80 employees and over 100 office volunteers. During 2018, MSF Sweden will also be responsible for setting up a branch office in Finland.
The role is challenging and requires a strong presence in relevant platforms in Swedish society. The General Director is part of developing and leading MSF, an organization that is highly visible and respected in the wider external environment. You will need to be a determined and passionate leader, capable of managing the effects of extensive growth. You have the ability to generate high performance in others. You have the confidence to operate within a complex and changeable international environment. You have the tenacity to create the drive to do as much as possible to aid the cause of the MSF movement.
The General Director is responsible for the overall management of MSF Sweden and the achievement of its organisational goals and objectives and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Strongly contribute to setting and fostering the medical humanitarian vision of MSF in Sweden
- Develop strategic priorities and goals
- Collaborate and network with the international MSF movement
- Inspire and lead the teams of MSF Sweden as well as coach and evaluate the Management Team
- Advocate for, and raise awareness of, humanitarian issues within Swedish society
- A strong commitment to humanitarian ideas and principles
- Extensive experience in the international humanitarian sector, preferably with MSF
- Senior leadership and managerial experience in complex settings
- Capacity to drive advocacy with high-level stakeholders
- Strategic and visionary leadership
- Capability to empower and unite teams and individuals behind shared goals
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably fluency in spoken and written Swedish
- Working erratic hours and extensive travelling is a requirement in the role
This is a unique opportunity to lead an organisation that makes a real difference, working alongside inspirational colleagues in an amazing organisation. It is a challenging position in an international environment. It won't always be easy, but the personal rewards are immense.
Our partner in this recruitment is Alumni. Please apply by sending your application (CV and cover letter) by December 15, 2017 to email@example.com with reference ARQU-338081. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact Sanna Putila at: +46 73 421 3092.