Svenska Läkare Utan Gränser är en av landets största ideella organisationer. Vi är en stark röst i humanitära frågor och samlade förra året in 418 miljoner kronor. Nu söker vi en stark och inspirerande generalsekreterare som kan leda organisationen in i framtiden och vill göra sitt yttersta för att bidra till Läkare Utan Gränsers globala insatser.
GENERAL DIRECTOR, MSF SWEDEN
Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international medical humanitarian organisation determined to bring quality medical care to people in crises around the world, when and where they need it. Our fundamental principles are neutrality, impartiality, independence and medical ethics. In Sweden we raise money, recruit people and speak out to contribute to saving lives and alleviating suffering in the world. All our work is governed by a volunteer spirit.
We are looking for an inspirational General Director to lead Läkare Utan Gränser in Sweden into the future. The Swedish organisation has been very successful the last number of years. The role is truly challenging and highly visible in the Swedish society, in the MSF movement as well as in the wider external environment. You will need to be a strong leader capable of managing the effects of extensive growth. You have the ability to generate high performance in others. You have the confidence to operate within a complex and changeable international environment. And you have the tenacity to create the drive to do as much as possible to aid the cause of the MSF movement.
The General Director is responsible for the overall management of MSF Sweden and the achievement of its organisational goals and objectives.
Your position and responsibilities
- Develop strategic priorities and goals of Läkare Utan Gränser, Sweden
- Collaborate and network with the international MSF movement
- Participate in key planning and evaluation processes of Läkare Utan Gränser, Sweden
- Advocate and raise awareness of humanitarian issues within the Swedish society
- Inspire, lead, coach and evaluate the teams of Läkare Utan Gränser, Sweden
- Lead the Managenment Team of Läkare Utan Gränser in Sweden
- Report to the Board of Directors of Läkare Utan Gränser, Sweden
- Extensive experience in the international humanitarian sector
- A strong commitment to humanitarian ideas and principles
- Strong leadership capacity, team approach to problem solving and diplomatic skills
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar management position
- Demonstrated analytical and planning abilities in complex settings
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Fluency in spoken and written English and preferably fluency in spoken and written Swedish, French is an asset
- Ability to work erratic hours and travelling
- A challenging position in an international environment
This is a unique opportunity to lead an organisation that makes a real difference, working alongside inspirational colleagues in an amazing organisation. It won’t always be easy, but the personal rewards are immense.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Alumni, our partner in this recruitment; +46 (0) 8 796 17 00. Please apply by sending your application (CV and cover letter) by October 12, 2014 email@example.com (marking it “8935”).