We send out a limited number of physiotherapists to our projects. There are only a few permanant positions. But in some situations, there is an increased need in the field and therefore a possibility to join a physiotherapy pool to be available on short notice if necessary.
Often it's projects where people have suffered external damage, such as disabilities following earthquakes, major burns or surgical procedures in the context of armed conflict. You have considerable responsibility for the recruitment, training and supervision of local personnel. You work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team, often in resource-scarce contexts.
- Two years of professional experience, especially in a hospital setting and preferably with of post-operative units, for example, orthopedics, burns, trauma, and general surgery
- Stress-tolerant, flexibility
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Unimpeded English
- Experience of living/working/travelling in other cultures and low-income countries.
OF ADDITIONAL MERIT
- Previous work with other humanitarian organizations
- Experience in supervision and guidance
- French language