As a Communication Manager with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), you are responsible for coordinating media inquiries, developing communication strategies and documenting our work.
We have communication teams in most countries where we operate since, in addition to providing healthcare, we also aim to highlight the humanitarian needs we witness. Often, the communication manager is based in the capital and travels to different projects in the country as needed.
As a Communication Manager, you develop communication strategies in collaboration with the operational lead in the country and communications advisors at the headquarters. You are responsible for media relations and the organisation's presence on social media in the country. In some countries, you may lead a small team of communication officers.
You identify communication opportunities and risk factors and coordinate the production of written, audiovisual or photographic materials. You prepare reports on the local media landscape, as well as achieved results and future priorities.
In addition to the general requirements for working with MSF, the following is necessary:
- At least four years of experience in communication or journalism
- Basic knowledge of photo and video production
- Knowledge of and proven skills in social media
- Experience working with MSF or another international organisation
- Minimum of one year of professional experience working in low-income countries or in an unstable context
- Proficiency in French, Spanish, or Arabic
- Knowledge of other languages such as Portuguese or Russian
- Experience in team management
- Experience in training and/or coaching others
Security and safety
We take security and safety very seriously. This video explains the different risks our staff faces and how we work to make the job as safe as possible. Please watch the video before deciding to apply!
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
Ready to apply?
Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life on assignment.
We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).