We continuously recruit logisticians for our projects around the world. As a logistician, you are often project-rounder; you do not need to have a specific background, the skills required are more the ability to solve problems and get things done.
As a logistician, you are normally responsible for everything concerning the practical operation of the project.
The tasks include, among other things, order and inventory management, repair and maintenance of generators and other equipment, repair and maintenance of buildings, management, contacts with local authorities and other organizations, and accounting.
Experienced logisticians usually bear some responsibility for security and reporting. To be a logistician fieldworker for MSF therefore requires good communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Travel experience in low-income countries
- Available for12 months
- Good knowledge of English
- Technical skills and experience in at least three of the following areas:
Repair and maintenance of cars
Energy and electricity (electrical installations, maintaining generators)
IT (hardware / software)
Inventory management (management, inventory, purchasing, import / export)
Maintenance of water and sanitation systems
Communications (HF / VHF radio, satellite phone)
OF ADDITIONAL MERIT
- Experience working abroad with other humanitarian organizations
- Knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish
- Experience in supervision and / or project management
- Relevant university degree
VOICES FROM THE FIELD - TBA
Logistician Magnus Leivik's blog from his earthquake mission in Haiti.
Logistician John Tzanos recorded a video diary in Niger.