Being a nurse with MSF is demanding and rewarding. From basic healthcare to helping set up health posts, nurses are vital to our work. In many situations, nurses are the backbone of our medical operations.
Our registered nurses provide primary healthcare, establish and manage health posts, operate feeding centres and in/outpatient clinics and hospitals, plan and implement vaccination campaigns, and organise mother-child health programmes.
Training, supervising and managing local nursing staff or community health providers is a key responsibility.
role Requirements nurses
- Significant post-qualification nursing experience, preferably in one or more of the following areas: infectious diseases, A&E, intensive care, obstetrics, nutrition, paediatrics, operating theatre.
- Valid nursing registration in either Sweden or Finland.
Course Health Assistance in Humanitarian Crisis (provided by MSF for those who are recruited as fieldworkers).
Experience in supervising, managing and training others.
- Available for a minimum of nine month.
- Minimum of three months work, volunteering or travel experience in low or middle income countries.
- Willingness to work in unstable areas.
- Adaptable and able to work in a multicultural team.
- Flexible and able to manage stress.
Please read the basic requirements for all roles.
MSF is currently looking for nurses with good French skills. If you speak French to a level where you can be placed in a French speaking mission such as the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Chad or Central African Republic, you are much more likely to be accepted onto the MSF register. Arabic skills are also in demand.
VOICES FROM THE FIELD
To read first-hand stories from nurses working overseas for MSF, visit our blog.
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
READY TO APPLY?
Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life in the field.
We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).