As a pharmacist with Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) you have a big responsibility when it comes to managing drugs, medical supplies and equipment. You may work in one of our projects in a country or as a part of the country management team in a major city.
Our pharmacists manage orders of drugs and medical material, storage and distribution as well as ensure that we follow our internal procedures and the national laws and regulations of the country. Training and supervision of locally hired staff represent a large portion of the work. As a pharmacist you collaborate with medical and non-medical colleagues to ensure that drug and medical material reach our projects, in order to meet the medical needs and keep the activities running.
In addition to the general requirements to work for MSF, you need:
- Pharmacist degree (5 years) or a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (3 years)
- At least two years of professional experience as a pharmacist, preferable from a hospital pharmacy.
- French speaking
- Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese and/or Arabic
- Experience of people management and/or activity management
- Experience of providing training and/or coaching others
- Previous humanitarian work experience
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
Ready to apply?
Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life on assignment.
We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).