Surgical teams are needed in vulnerable situations such as armed conflicts or in isolated areas, where medical staff are not available.
They are often needed on short notice and for short periods of time such as one to three months. The work consists primarily of general surgery. In some cases, the mission also involves training local personnel and performing surgical evaluations.
- Specialist in a relevant area
- Ability to work with limited technical resources
- Available on short notice
- Ability to perform general surgery including Paediatrics and Caesarean sections. Some experience in A&E and orthopaedics is desirable
- Current or recent practical experience
- Experience in managing, supervising and training others
- Able to work well as a part of a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team
- Willing to work in unstable areas and ability to cope in a difficult and unpredictable environment
- Availability for a minimum period of four to six weeks
- Minimum of three months’ work, volunteering or travelling experience in low income countries
Please read the basic requirements for all roles.
VOICES FROM THE FIELD
To read first-hand stories from surgeons working overseas for MSF, visit our blog.
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.
READY TO APPLY?
Working for MSF is a commitment, rather than just an adventure or a job opportunity. Make sure you have read and understood the information on Life in the field.
We can only accept applications from Swedish and Finnish residents (Swedish/Finnish citizens and those eligible to work in Sweden or Finland).
Är du intresserad av uppdateringar från vår HR-avdelning?
Anmäl dig till vårt HR-nyhetsbrev!