Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières wants to collaborate with corporations that share our values and our commitment to save lives and alleviate suffering. We do not cooperate with corporations whose business is in conflict with our principles or values.
Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières does not accept donations from corporations:
– whose core business activities damage health, or cause humanitarian suffering
– whose activities directly or indirectly contribute to conflicts or disasters that create human suffering
– that prevent or block Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières in pursuing negotiations, conducting campaigns or other activities aimed to save lives and alleviate suffering.
This means that Läkare Utan Gränser/Médecins Sans Frontières does not accept donations from corporations whose core business activities include:
• Arms (armery/weapons)
• Oil/gas (excluding companies that has business only in Sweden)
• Pharmaceuticals (refers to manufacturers, not retailers or distributors).
Donations from political parties
Our goal is to save lives and alleviate suffering where the need is greatest. We do so irrespective of political convictions among our patients. We therefore attach great importance to safeguarding our independence and do not risk letting ourselves be guided by political interests. However, we see no problem and gladly accept gifts from people, even if they have political affiliations.