Surgical teams are needed in vulnerable situations such as armed conflicts or in isolated areas, where medical staff are not available. They are often needed on short notice and for short periods – one to three months.
The surgical projects we usually handle involve trauma, orthopedics, gynecology and even general surgery. The surgical nurse is responsible for sterilizing instruments, hygiene, training and supervision of staff. In some projects, this position is more organizational than clinical.
REQUIREMENTS OT nurse
- Specialist in a relevant field
- Ability to work with limited technical resources
- Available on short notice.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your work, be innovative and take initiative
- Flexibility and the ability to handle stress
- Teaching skills
- French language ability is an asset
- Experience in project management is preferable.
Please read the basic requirements for all roles.
VOICES FROM THE FIELD
To read first-hand stories from nurses working overseas for MSF, visit our blog.
Your safety and security
We take safety and security seriously. This video explains the risks our staff face and the lengths we go to keep them safe.
Please watch this before you decide whether or not to apply for this job.